Tuesday, January 28, 2014

South Korea's Got "Seoul" Part I: DMZ



These are some photos from my to Seoul earlier this month.  Most of these are from my trip to the DMZ.  I have decided to forgo the usual format of my blog and just post some photos with captions.  Also, I have been really tired and lazy this week, so this is all you are going to get.

Cowboy boot shop in central Seoul....badass  

Korean War Memorial



M4 outside of the Korean War Memorial Museum 

Replica of Douglas MacArthur's pipe.



View from Seoul Tower II.  Notice the shadow

View from Seoul Tower III

JSA: Notice the grey North Korean building in the background

I am technically inside North Korea.  Notice the South Korean border guard in front of the door.

US soldier and ROK border guard

The concrete slab represents the border.
I am on the North Korean side.

ROK guard.  I think the table is the same table where the armistice was signed (don't quote me on that)

A view inside the DPRK from the ROK.  Notice the tall flagpole.

Train station to nowhere

The bridge of no return into North Korea.

Commemorative plaque. 
Train station sign showing the distance from Seoul and the North Korean capital.  

No comments:

Post a Comment