Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sports

I am currently trying to find a local bar/venue to watch my favorite sports teams, but am not having much luck.  It is definitely more difficult than I though it was going to be.  For one thing, Beijing is 12 hours ahead of the east coast, and 8am isn't exactly the greatest time to crack open a beer (however, there is no time like the present).  Also, and this is a very broad generalization, sports aren't as big over here as they are in the United States and Europe.  Still, some expat bars have sports on during the afternoons.  I actually caught some of Wimbledon the other day, not on purpose though.  I don't really care about tennis.  In the meantime, I am trying to adapt by following Beijing Guoan in the Chinese Super League.  They are currently fourth in the table, and it's nice to root for a team that doesn't always lose (I should mention that I am a QPR fan).  Likewise, China has a baseball league believe it or not, and I intend to check out the Beijing Tigers play on the south side of town.  If anyone knows of a good bar that shows American sports, make sure to let me know.      

No comments:

Post a Comment