Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Moving Jobs: Takin' Care of Business

You may or may not have noticed this blog's recent name change.  "ChOFFICE SPACE" no longer seemed appropriate, because as of last week, I am now working at a new job.  My days of coming into the office and reading news articles for nine hours straight have ended and not a moment too soon.  I spent so much time on the BBC website that they should have made me an honorary foreign correspondent.

A smart woman once told me that no foreigner working in China ever made it here without being "duped".  Truthfully this statement is pretty accurate, and I am sure most of my expatriated friends would certainly agree.  Though the job is normally a bust, laowai usually end up staying for a few years.  Some might ask why, and to this I simply reply the adventure of it.  Life in the Middle Kingdom certainly isn't easy, least of all for the Chinese that don't have the option to leave.  However, this is what I find rewarding.        

Now it's x-treme
Striking out and leaving your job for the uncertainty of a new position can be stressful.  However, in my case it certainly felt needed.  So wish me luck at the new job, and enjoy my rebranding efforts for the blog.  I am thinking of just turning the logo sideways.  The kids seem to love that these days.

Also, here is a cartoon that I thought was funny
      

2 comments:

  1. Paws finds your cartoon funny. Rosie does not. Congratulations on the new job. Can't wait to hear more about it on future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging! I follow along, even if I don't comment all the time!

    ReplyDelete